Title: Client Service Associate
Location: Lancaster, PA
Domani Wealth is an established wealth advisory firm with over two decades of experience in helping provide our clients and employees the opportunity for a better tomorrow. We have maintained a very strong client base due to our perpetual loyalty and discretion, innovative investment solutions and upholding a ‘client comes first’ attitude. We do not have a sales culture; we are team-oriented and focused on creating successes for clients and team-members alike. Since Domani Wealth is an independent, fee-only wealth advisory firm, we can offer conflict-free investment management solutions that place the client’s needs first.
Due to growth in the firm, Domani Wealth is looking for a Client Service Associate who will be part of the dynamic team responsible for various tasks including the preparation of client account paperwork, system maintenance, and performance reporting. Must thrive in a fast-paced environment, be willing to learn, and have a positive attitude. We are committed to fostering the professional development opportunities for our team members. This position provides broad experience and the core technical knowledge to pursue other career paths within the firm if desired. The Client Service Associate will be located in Lancaster, PA and report to a Wealth Advisor.
Responsibilities & Personal Qualities
- Responsible for preparing and processing paperwork for new and existing client accounts. This includes monitoring and reconciling account/asset transfers and cost basis. Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Work closely with the Wealth Advisory Group, custodians and other vendors related to new account openings and servicing existing client accounts.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to speak with clients on a regular basis to coordinate signing paperwork and assist with other requests and questions. Display discretion and professionalism during all client interactions.
- Facilitate client distribution requests, wire instructions, required minimum distributions, etc. Assist with new account set up in investment and firm management systems and answer client calls regarding access and navigation of client portal.
- Update client information in existing databases including our reporting software and CRM.
- Responsible for maintaining electronic records and files.
- Participate in firm-wide operational initiatives. Take initiative to be a problem solver and provide suggestions to improve processes and efficiencies.
- Prepare performance reports for client meetings, quarterly reports, and attend client meetings as requested by advisors.
- Assist with gathering and entering client data in our financial planning software.
- Basic understanding of tax laws as it relates to individual income taxes, cost basis accounting and estate/gift taxes. Understand 1099 tax forms to review for reasonableness and coordination with clients’ tax preparation firms.
- Work closely with the firm’s Investment Strategy Group to understand our recommended investment strategies implemented in client portfolios.
- Ability to work in an environment where “no task is too small”, regardless of position.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Finance or Accounting. Experience will be considered if degree is in another discipline.
- 1-2 years of experience in preparing client account paperwork and maintaining data in a portfolio management system. A recent college graduate will also be considered (minimum GPA 3.0).
- Series 65 license or equivalent required, or working toward this license within 6 months of hire.
Salary & Benefits
Pay and benefits are competitive based on industry standards, including comprehensive benefits and financial support for continuing education.
- Salary will be based on experience.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401K Safe Harbor plan.
- Competitive PTO and Holiday package.
- Partial and/or full financial support for professional accreditation/continuing education requirements and other education/training opportunities is available upon approval.