Title: Research Associate / Trader
Location: Lancaster, PA
Domani Wealth is an established wealth advisory firm with over two decades of experience in helping provide our clients and employees the opportunity for a better tomorrow. We have maintained a very strong client base due to our perpetual loyalty and discretion, innovative investment solutions and upholding a ‘client comes first’ attitude. We do not have a sales culture; we are team-oriented and focused on creating successes for clients and team-members alike. Since Domani Wealth is an independent, fee-only wealth advisory firm, we can offer conflict-free investment management solutions that place the client’s needs first.
Due to growth in the firm, Domani Wealth is looking for a Research Associate/Trader who will support the Investment Strategy Group in investment research and due diligence, reporting, and trading. The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment, be willing to learn, and have a positive attitude. We are committed to fostering the professional development opportunities of our team members. This position provides broad investment experience and the core technical knowledge to pursue other investment-related career paths within the firm if desired. The Research Associate/Trader will be located in Lancaster, PA and will report to the Chief Research Officer.
Responsibilities & Personal Qualities
- Perform ongoing research and due diligence on various investment vehicles and strategies across multiple asset classes. This may include mutual funds, ETFs, closed end funds, separate account managers, annuities, stocks, bonds, etc.
- Maintain and distribute Approved Manager List, including tracking and updating additions and deletions, monitoring and updating changes in status, etc.
- Prepare and distribute various due diligence reports and schedules on a daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Maintain investment details in various internal systems, including reporting, trading and research systems.
- Develop and maintain market and portfolio analysis tools in various systems.
- Participate in conference call updates on various funds and/or strategies, and communicate notes internally.
- Liaise with external investment contacts as needed.
- Assist in analysis of investment vehicles in new and/or prospective client portfolios.
- Perform trade order execution, buying and selling securities as directed by portfolio managers and/or advisors.
- May participate in client meetings in a technical, supporting and learning role.
- Demonstrate excellent professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Take initiative to be a problem solver and provide suggestions to improve processes and efficiencies.
- Possess a desire and willingness to learn and continually update knowledge base on financial concepts, strategies, systems, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Finance or Economics.
- 1-3 years of investment-related experience preferred, or a recent college graduate with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Series 65 license or equivalent required, or working toward this license within 6 months of hire.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of products. Experience with advanced Excel capabilities is preferred but not required.
- Experience with Bloomberg, Morningstar Advisor WorkStation, Tamarac, or other financial industry software is a plus.
Salary & Benefits
Pay and benefits are competitive based on industry standards, including comprehensive benefits and financial support for continuing education.
- Salary will be based on experience.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401K Safe Harbor plan.
- Competitive PTO and Holiday package.
- Partial and/or full financial support for professional accreditation/continuing education requirements and other education/training opportunities is available upon approval.